As much as I like writing about mental health, sometimes I just need to remind myself that I’m not just my anxiety. So here are 10 things you might not know about me!
- I don’t have a sense of smell! I don’t know when I lost it and I don’t know how. Occasionally I can smell strong flavours like mint or roast chicken, but it usually disappears within seconds. At least it comes in handy for babysitting and doing first aid!
- I was one of the first young people to debate in the House of Commons. Might seem like a lie but it’s true! As Member of Youth Parliament, I sat on those green benches. Insider tip – It’s a lot smaller than you think it is!
- I cannot deal with velvet. Like it makes me feel like I’ll die if I accidentally touch it. It’s the worst material. But it’s soooooo pretty *sad face*
- I don’t really drink alcohol but when I do, I always pick a Pornstar Martini! That stuff is so good.
- I can speak a basic level of Spanish. One day I hope to be fluent and ideally live out there. It’s one of the few places I always feel happy in – no matter what.
- I’m a very proud Auntie. I’ve got two gorgeous nephews and a beautiful niece. They are my fave little people and my days are always better when I see them.
- My phones most used emoji is the Monkey emoji. I don’t know why you’d want to know this, but yano why not.
- My favourite cake is carrot cake. I mean that is the stuff of dreams. I’d definitely take it with me to a desert island. Plus it’s mainly veg, so it’s healthy right?!
- My guilty pleasure is watching The Real Housewives of Cheshire. Now I live nearby, I like to pretend I am one – only a good few million pounds short.
- I think I’m part mermaid. I love the sea. I love swimming. Like SO much. I once saw a mermaid tail with fins for swimming and very nearly bought it. I am all about the no bra, good hair, mermaid life. (Plus I couldn’t smell the fish!)
I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me, I just wanted to do something a little bit different! Let me know, something interesting about you!