For those of you who have been reading my rambles for a while, you may remember when I wrote Grateful for the little things in life… where I talked about the importance of finding your rainbows and thinking about the positives you’ve had in your day.
Well in the middle of lockdown, there isn’t a better time to take five minutes out and think about what you’re feeling grateful for. So I figured I’d try to sum up my thoughts, but it would be great to hear what you’re feeling grateful for too!
(Please, please, please don’t be offended if I haven’t named you personally, people prefer lists and no one has time to read a list of everyone I’ve ever met so I had to be a bit picky! But just know, that I love you!)
- My Family. This one is a bit of a cheat really because I’m always grateful for my family, but this season of confusion has made those feelings even stronger. I’m grateful for my cheeky nephews, my funny brother and sister and everyone in between. I’m not the best at showing these things, but you’re all so damn incredible.
- My Friends. Lockdown has brought me closer with so many people and made me so thankful for them. Here’s to all the movie nights, zoom quizzes and blurry face times. I can’t wait to get back into the real world and cuddle you gorgeous lot!
- Food. I bloody love food. And now I have so much more time to enjoy it. It turns out I like courgettes – before lockdown I didn’t even know what one was. My recipe book is filling out quick as I learn to make so many new things. (You have got to try buying a box cake mix and using a can of coke to turn into a beautiful cake!)
- Time to figure out what I actually enjoy. Now that we can’t do what we would normally do, this is a great time to think about what things you would like to come back when things return to ‘normal’ and what you’d like to leave behind. I intend to get back to swimming and carry on family quizzing but ditch those guilty feelings when I sleep in at the weekend.
- Time to be creative. We’ve been tie dying, decorating, photographing and macrame-ing and it’s been so good! Finally I’ve had the time to start some of those projects that have been on the to do list for months and things are starting to come together!
Of course I’m grateful for so many things and not just these, but studies show that just picking a few grateful moments each day can really help. So while we all stay in doors, please take five minutes out of your day to think of yours.
In the meantime, stay home and stay safe x